Welcome to Tarnation!

I hope that you enjoy getting Lost in Tarnation with me and joining me as I renovate, paint, parent, cook and more. I love to hear all of your comments. Don't forget to Follow me to keep up to date on all of the projects happening here in Tarnation.


Monday, February 8, 2010

Chicken Taco Quesadilla

I'm exhausted tonight after all of the heavy eating yesterday. It takes some serious effort and willpower to remove yourself from the amazing Chili Cream Cheese dip (scroll down for this recipe) and steer yourself to the veggie platter so that you could graze with a tad bit less guilt.

Plus it doesn't help that I've purchased all of the ingredients for an amazing dinner for about a month now, and then once it comes time to cook said dinner... I can't remember what it was supposed to be.

I know that it involves heavy cream, bleu cheese, onions, chicken, chives but I just can't remember exactly what it was. It's like that annoying name on the tip of your mouth that just hangs out on your tongue for about a month. It will come to me.

But until it does. I've got to improvise.

Going grocery shopping would also help make cooking dinner easier.

But alas, that hasn't happened either. Our fridge is so empty that Kevan was thinking about sending out an S.O.S.

So tonight I went for the easy way out.

Chicken Taco Quesadilla

  • Cook up some chicken in a pan and then shred or chop up
  • Add some taco seasoning to the chicken and add a little water
  • Combine Mexican Cheese, refried beans, black olives and your fabulous Taco Chicken together. I didn't have the energy to make some Mexican Rice but it would have been much better. (Here is the recipe I use for Mexican Rice It happens to be another amazing dish that I made last week. Mexican Lasagne)
  • Throw into the microwave for 1 minute per quesadilla to melt the cheese
  • Put in a preheated oven set at 350 for 10 minutes until the quesadilla is just the way that you like it. I love it reaaalllly crispy. I like to put tin foil down on the racks and add my quesadilla on top.
  • Once your your 'dilla is done cooking, take it out and slice that baby up.
  • Now it's time for the fixin's. I'm a huge fan of salsa and sour cream combined. It makes me a happy person. So my quesadillas are usually soaked in those. You could probably say that I have Salsa Sour Cream for dinner with a side of Quesadilla.
The best part about this meal is that the kids absolutely love it and cleaning up after I'm done cooking is as easy as tossing the tin foil and popping our plates in the dishwasher. Fantastic.


Chili Cream Cheese Dip
This is a really hard one to make, so bear with me. Our friend Candace brought this to the super bore yesterday and it was hard to not just in and start swimming in it.
  • Pop the top on a can of store bought chili and drop it into a crockpot
  • Toss in 8 oz of cream cheese. I like the Neufunzichichihavenocluewhatit'sreallycalled cheese because it's got less fat in it and still manages to taste good.
  • stir serve with some chips.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails