Welcome to Tarnation!

I hope that you enjoy getting Lost in Tarnation with me and joining me as I renovate, paint, parent, cook and more. I love to hear all of your comments. Don't forget to Follow me to keep up to date on all of the projects happening here in Tarnation.


Saturday, February 6, 2010

Art-tastic

I've been trying to figure out what to do with art in our bedroom and since I'm really trying to redo on a major budget I'm looking for prints that are free or close to it.

Well, they can be found on Vintage Printables which just might be my new favorite website.

All of the images on Vintage Printables are believed to be in the public domain and free to use in the US without restrictions.

I'm thinking about having these printed above our bed in 8x10 prints or larger with beautiful black frames.



Then on one of the walls I am thinking about hanging these vertically:




Or maybe something like these on either side of our window:


But I'm still debating whether they are going to be too busy and whether it would be best to go with simple like this:




The reason that I'm going with the flowers is because I stumbled upon this fabulous print for $6.99 at La Boutique which will be hung in our bathroom. Since the bedroom is very masculine, I want to have the artwork to add some femininity to soften the space up.



Tonight I went to family dinner and heard all about my cousin's first house! He got a smokin' deal and I'm so proud of him. So obviously I had to tell him about Vintage Printable for him to look for artwork.

I was looking around tonight to see what might work for him and I found these. Man, if he's not interested in using them I think that maybe I'll print them out and hang them in my formal living room. I have a huge empty space that I've been planning on hanging a family portrait for the 2 years that we have lived in the house. But I don't want to take a family portrait until I've lost the weight that I want to feel comfortable in my skin. So there's a huge star hanging as a place holder. How awesome are these!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails